Purchasing Officer – Food Service
- Permanent position
- Challenging Role
- Long standing company
- Townsville Based
As the leading Food and Wine Distributor in Queensland and Northern NSW, Global Food & Wine have been servicing the food service industry for over 40 years. With 10 distribution centres throughout Queensland, Global Food & Wine has grown through dedication to building strong relationships, high level of service, quality, variety, competitive pricing and the intuitiveness to amend and change with the times.
This is a great career opportunity to provide your expertise to a highly respected organization supplying food service to the QSR and Food Service Market.
Working in a varied and fast paced environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring efficient purchasing operations by ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assess and purchase selected products within appropriate governance, compliance and contractual frameworks
- Daily and Weekly forecasting and budgeting
- Raising purchase orders within ERP System
- Liaising with internal external stakeholders to maintain appropriate levels of stock
- Liaise with suppliers regarding orders (freight, ETA, etc)
- Managing due dates of stock, communicating anomalies and informing
- Liaising with warehouse management and Head Office
To be successful in this role, you must have:
High levels of organisation
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- High level of negotiation skills
- Strong working relationships
- Ability to meet and exceed budgets and KPS’s
- Ability to use innovative thinking to resolve issues
- Risk focused
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team. If this sounds like you please apply on line NOW !
Please note that due to the huge response we generally receive for our ads we will only contact shortlisted applicants. We will, however, keep your details on file for 3 months and will contact you should a suitable position become available. Thank you for taking the time to apply for our role.
Branch Manager – Food Service Distribution
- Growing & Successful Company
- Long Term Opportunity
- Townsville based
Built on family business values, trust and dedication to service, Global Food & Wine has grown in over 40 years to become a leader in food distribution and warehousing in Queensland with 10 Depots servicing the Qld Eastern Seaboard.
We currently have an exciting and challenging role for an experienced Manager with a flair for sales to join our team. This role will be responsible for managing the day to day warehousing functions and distribution of inbound and outbound goods for the Townsville facility whilst focusing on building customer sales and relationships and managing staff to address areas for operational improvements and efficiencies.
Reporting to the Head Office, this role will oversee all aspects of the Townsville operations with the responsibilities including sales and business development, inventory control of over 2500 sku’s, distribution/deliveries, leadership and staff development and ensuring branch and company targets are met.
The ideal Manager values strong working relationships and enjoys mentoring and seeing teams develop. You will lead by example in all that you do and consistently set high standards of performance. You will be a proactive Manager and strategic thinker who identifies issues, seeks corrective action and process improvement whilst fostering a motivated and supportive team environment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage warehousing and distribution team to ensure accurate and timely receipt and delivery of customer orders
- Manage purchasing team and stock control (ordering/stock rotation)
- Oversee, mentor and lead Sales and Administration team
- Lead and support staff in performing their role to the expected standard and ensure staff understand all facets of operational requirements
- Delivery of KPIs/Targets
- Ensure all OH&S, WHS & HACCP procedures and policies are followed
- Manage warehouse expenditure
- Develop efficiencies
- Manage service maintenance programs for forklifts/trucks etc
To be successful in this role, you must have the following
Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications in Warehousing/Logistics
- Proven experience in delivering high performing teams
- Ability to manage challenging timelines and work under pressure
- Background in FMCG
- Strong Communications (written and verbal) and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- The ability to think on your feet
To apply for this position in confidence, please send your resume and covering letter to Anita Cindric – Human Resources Manager.